Sample Highlights from the Capital Improvement Plan
|Project ID||Project Title||Project Start Year||Project Description||Project Spend Total||Page Ref||Project Satus|
|547619||Slurry Seal Preparation and Traffic Control||2023||"This project funds the preparatory asphalt work needed prior to the annual slurry seal project, including small dig-outs, overlays, and skin patches. This work is completed by Field Services Streets Section staff. Additionally, it funds traffic control needed during the slurry seal application process. The traffic control is also provided by Streets Section staf"||150000||56||Ongoing|
|547621||Fulton Rd from Guerneville Rd to Piner Rd - Widen to Four Lanes||2023||"To ease future traffic congestion, Fulton Road will be reconstructed and widened to 4 lanes with bike lanes and sidewalks between Guerneville Road and Piner Road. The project includes a median island and storm drain improvements."||1074000||57||Ongoing|
|547625||Storm Water Drainage Improvements||2023||"This project provides funds for planning, design, and implementation of repairs or replacements necessary for broken or damaged storm drain pipes, catch basins, ditches, or bank stabilization. It provides for existing storm drain system capacity analysis/improvements as well as the design and construction of new small-scale drainage systems. Additionally, funds have been planned to fund minor storm drain improvements at a number of Capital Improvement Program (CIP) project locations."||368315||59||Ongoing|
|547651||Laguna Treatment Plant Electrical Infrastructure Replacement||2023||"This project will involve the replacement of the M1 main switchgear and the load centers that have reached the end of their useful life as identified in the Power Master Plan and in the Subregional Water Resource Recovery Facilities Master Plan currently under development."||19530000||77||Ongoing|
|547657||Parking Lot 10 Reconstruction||2023||"This project will improve and extend the life of several parking lots using two different types of road surface sealing products, hot mix asphalt pavement, replacing trees, driveway approaches, planter strips, and repairing sidewalks at six downtown parking lots."||353863||83||Ongoing|
Explore all options available to you!
Citylitics offers access to over 30,000 unique locations across North America through our Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD).
Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD) provides a comprehensive market view of all planned infrastructure spend in one single view with powerful filters such as: population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. The dashboard will help identify opportunity hot spots, create data-driven forecasts you can be confident in with bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, and uncover true market needs.
How to Read a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Business Development?When a city, municipality or state issues a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), it can be overwhelming and daunting, but there are a few key things you need to investigate. Let’s start with the definition of CIP - A Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) contains all the individual capital projects, equipment purchases, and major studies for a local government; in conjunction with construction and completion schedules, and in consort with financing plans. The plan provides a working blueprint for sustaining and improving the community’s infrastructures. It coordinates strategic planning, financial capacity, and physical development. A CIP stands at the epicenter of a government’s Planning, Public Works, and Finance departments. When a CIP is issued, it typically includes the following information:
- A listing of the capital projects or equipment to be purchased
- The projects ranked in order of preference
- The plan for financing the projects
- A timetable for the construction or completion of the project
- Justification for the project
- Explanation of expenses for the project
- Comprehensive Market View: The dataset provides a single view of all planned infrastructure spend, with powerful filters such as population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. This allows businesses to gain a comprehensive understanding of the market and identify new opportunities.
- Identify Opportunity Hot Spots: The dataset offers map views and filters that allow users to identify opportunity hot spots where they need to allocate resources. This helps businesses to understand where they should focus their efforts to achieve the best results.
- Create Data-Driven Forecasts: The dataset provides bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, allowing businesses to create data-driven forecasts they can be confident in.
- Uncover True Market Needs: The dataset allows businesses to develop long-term business plans, R&D, and growth initiatives based on true, bottom-up market needs instead of opinions and anecdotes. This helps businesses to make more informed decisions and achieve better results.