The City of Pompano Beach, located in South Florida, faces several significant infrastructure challenges that impact the daily lives of its residents. One of the most pressing issues is the need to modernize and expand the city’s transportation system, including roads and public transit, to reduce traffic congestion and improve safety. Additionally, Pompano Beach’s aging water and sewer systems require significant investment and upgrades to maintain reliable service and avoid potential health hazards. The city also faces a shortage of affordable housing, which affects the ability of residents to live and work in the area. Addressing these challenges will require collaboration and investment from local and state officials and private sector stakeholders.
Sample Highlights from the Capital Improvement Plan
Project Start Year
Project Spend Total
Membrane Element Replacement
This ongoing project consists of replacing the membrane elements when needed. The membrane elements are used to purify water to make it potable and requires replacement every 5 years. Funding will be budgeted over a multi-year period to provide for full replacement.
Hurricane Hardening For Water Plant Facilities
Per the Facilities Assessment, subsequent CDM study (Building Structural Review for Hurricane Hardening Grant) that was previously conducted, and current Florida Building Code wind load requirements, it has been determined that some of the Water Plant facility still requires structural modifications and hurricane rated impact windows and doors for adequate hurricane hardening of the Water Treatment Plant. Tetra Tech is currently developing design and contract documents for hurricane hardening and exterior remediation and coating of all buildings at the Water Plant for solicitation. Hardening of HS 5 & 6 / Generator Bldg
Water Treatment and Reuse Storage Tank Cleaning
This is for the periodic cleaning of the finished product storage tanks
Water Treatment Plant Nanofiltration Plant Expansion & Process Improv
Plan for expansion & process improvements. Add funding for the design and permitting of membrane skid # 6, sand strainers and permeate discharge line to degasified replacement.
Stormwater- NW 22nd Court
This project area is an isolated right-of-way area with heavy flooding problems just south of Copan’s Road and just east of Powerline Road. This study area mainly consists of industrial and commercial properties, with only two City roadways (NW 22nd Court and NW 18th (venue) with significant impervious ground coverage, which can limit the infiltration of stormwater runoff into the ground surface. The problem area is located along NW 22nd Court between NW 18th Avenue and NW 15th Avenue.
Explore all options available to you!
Citylitics offers access to over 30,000 unique locations across North America through our Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD).
Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD) provides a comprehensive market view of all planned infrastructure spend in one single view with powerful filters such as: population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. The dashboard will help identify opportunity hot spots, create data-driven forecasts you can be confident in with bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, and uncover true market needs.
How to Read a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Business Development?
When a city, municipality or state issues a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), it can be overwhelming and daunting, but there are a few key things you need to investigate. Let’s start with the definition of CIP – A Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) contains all the individual capital projects, equipment purchases, and major studies for a local government; in conjunction with construction and completion schedules, and in consort with financing plans. The plan provides a working blueprint for sustaining and improving the community’s infrastructures. It coordinates strategic planning, financial capacity, and physical development. A CIP stands at the epicenter of a government’s Planning, Public Works, and Finance departments. When a CIP is issued, it typically includes the following information:
- A listing of the capital projects or equipment to be purchased
- The projects ranked in order of preference
- The plan for financing the projects
- A timetable for the construction or completion of the project
- Justification for the project
- Explanation of expenses for the project
Now, for business development, while the capital plan is interesting, the capital program is for capital expenditures that extends five to ten years beyond the capital budget. Knowing the difference is important so you can influence upcoming program versus just responding to an RFP. If reading the CIP makes your head explode, or you want to save time, Request a Demo of Citylitics CIP dashboard with over 20,000 CIPs from USA and Canada. Citylitics has 20,000 plus available CIPs, how can we help you? What states, cities or counties are you looking to improvement your business development, we can assist you in influencing an upcoming RFP versus simply responding to an RFP. Citylitics Capital Projects Dataset is a comprehensive resource for businesses and organizations looking to track and analyze planned infrastructure spend in their area. The dataset offers a range of features and benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Market View: The dataset provides a single view of all planned infrastructure spend, with powerful filters such as population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. This allows businesses to gain a comprehensive understanding of the market and identify new opportunities.
- Identify Opportunity Hot Spots: The dataset offers map views and filters that allow users to identify opportunity hot spots where they need to allocate resources. This helps businesses to understand where they should focus their efforts to achieve the best results.
- Create Data-Driven Forecasts: The dataset provides bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, allowing businesses to create data-driven forecasts they can be confident in.
- Uncover True Market Needs: The dataset allows businesses to develop long-term business plans, R&D, and growth initiatives based on true, bottom-up market needs instead of opinions and anecdotes. This helps businesses to make more informed decisions and achieve better results.
With Citylitics Capital Projects Dataset, businesses can gain a deeper understanding of planned infrastructure spend in their area, which can help them to identify new opportunities and make more informed decisions.