Sample Highlights from the Capital Improvement Plan
|Project ID||Project Title||Project Start Year||Project Description||Project Spend Total||Page Ref||Project Satus|
|388844||Repairs to Channel C6 SC1||2023||Evaluate the extent of the channel damage and determine the most cost effective strategy to repair this channel Several sections of the City owned channel C6 SC1 are cracking and failing. This project will evaluate best strategies for repair of this critical facility.||120000||411||Design|
|388868||PD Heliport Hangar||2023||Interior improvements including remodeling maintenance office, kitchen, recreation area, restrooms, locker room and pilot lounge. Exterior improvements include roof improvements and skylight replacement Current hangar is in need of refurbishment and additional maintenance.||1440000||422||Design|
|388903||HCP Sports Complex LED Lighting Retrofit||2023||Year 2 of a five-year plan to replace existing lighting at HCP Sports Complex with new LED fixtures. Year 1 included Fields 1 & 2, Year 2 is to include Fields 3 & 4; Year 3 will include Fields 5 & 7; Year 4 to include Fields 6 & 8; Year 5 to include the batting cage area and artificial turf fields. Existing ballasts are rusting due to the marine environment. LED lighting will reduce energy & maintenance costs, as well as reduce spill light & glare. Warranty program includes materials & onsite labor over a 25-year period.||1680971||436||Construction|
|389018||Downtown Revitalization Improvements||2023||Project will reconfigure the broader downtown resort district, including enhancements to Main St. This project will enhance connectivity, revitalize businesses, and provide for increased activities for downtown visitors.||1750000||446||Design|
|389067||Water Well No. 9 Roof Redesign Project||2023||This project will include design, remove of the existing roof and installation a new roof on the Water Well No. 9 Facility Water Well No. 9 and No. 10 were identical facilities. The well house at Well No. 10 caught fire due to a faulty roof and ventilation system. The Well No. 9 roof needs to be reconstructed to avoid the same ventilation issue.||468000||458||Design|
Explore all options available to you!
Citylitics offers access to over 30,000 unique locations across North America through our Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD).
Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD) provides a comprehensive market view of all planned infrastructure spend in one single view with powerful filters such as: population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. The dashboard will help identify opportunity hot spots, create data-driven forecasts you can be confident in with bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, and uncover true market needs.
How to Read a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Business Development?When a city, municipality or state issues a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), it can be overwhelming and daunting, but there are a few key things you need to investigate. Let’s start with the definition of CIP - A Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) contains all the individual capital projects, equipment purchases, and major studies for a local government; in conjunction with construction and completion schedules, and in consort with financing plans. The plan provides a working blueprint for sustaining and improving the community’s infrastructures. It coordinates strategic planning, financial capacity, and physical development. A CIP stands at the epicenter of a government’s Planning, Public Works, and Finance departments. When a CIP is issued, it typically includes the following information:
- A listing of the capital projects or equipment to be purchased
- The projects ranked in order of preference
- The plan for financing the projects
- A timetable for the construction or completion of the project
- Justification for the project
- Explanation of expenses for the project
- Comprehensive Market View: The dataset provides a single view of all planned infrastructure spend, with powerful filters such as population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. This allows businesses to gain a comprehensive understanding of the market and identify new opportunities.
- Identify Opportunity Hot Spots: The dataset offers map views and filters that allow users to identify opportunity hot spots where they need to allocate resources. This helps businesses to understand where they should focus their efforts to achieve the best results.
- Create Data-Driven Forecasts: The dataset provides bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, allowing businesses to create data-driven forecasts they can be confident in.
- Uncover True Market Needs: The dataset allows businesses to develop long-term business plans, R&D, and growth initiatives based on true, bottom-up market needs instead of opinions and anecdotes. This helps businesses to make more informed decisions and achieve better results.