Sample Highlights from the Capital Improvement Plan
|Project ID||Project Title||Project Start Year||Project Description||Project Spend Total||Page Ref||Project Satus|
|537131||Griffith Park Performing Arts Center||2024||"The Proposition K specified scope of work is to construct a performing arts center for youth. The detailed scope also includes electrical underground utilities to provide a power source for the stage structure and site lighting to include the parking area. The project is currently under construction."||6250000||126||Not Started|
|537161||Jesse Owen Mini Park Improvements||2023||"Upgrades and renovations include development of a new playground, tables and benches, walking path, fencing, regulatory signage, restroom improvements and art mural."||1324000||130||Ongoing|
|540081||HWRP Digester Battery E Improvements||2023||"This project will replace and improve Battery E Digester equipment for operational safety, reliability, and performance of the digester sludge feed distribution system."||15658000||246||Ongoing|
|542116||Pumping Plant Climate Risk and Resilience Improvements||2024||"This project will increase the height of the existing retaining walls behind Pumping Plant 624 Roscomare, construct a perimeter wall to prevent landslide debris for Pumping Plant 634 Temescal, construct a retaining wall around Pumping Plant 639 North Pulga, and raise the generator pad and waterproof the building for Pumping Plant 668 Henry Ford."||602084||275||Not Started|
|542725||Mulholland Drive at Bowmont Dr Bulkhead||2023||This safety related project constructs a new steel pile and pre-cast concrete lagging bulkhead.||346000||349||Ongoing|
Explore all options available to you!
Citylitics offers access to over 30,000 unique locations across North America through our Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD).
Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD) provides a comprehensive market view of all planned infrastructure spend in one single view with powerful filters such as: population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. The dashboard will help identify opportunity hot spots, create data-driven forecasts you can be confident in with bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, and uncover true market needs.
How to Read a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Business Development?When a city, municipality or state issues a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), it can be overwhelming and daunting, but there are a few key things you need to investigate. Let’s start with the definition of CIP - A Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) contains all the individual capital projects, equipment purchases, and major studies for a local government; in conjunction with construction and completion schedules, and in consort with financing plans. The plan provides a working blueprint for sustaining and improving the community’s infrastructures. It coordinates strategic planning, financial capacity, and physical development. A CIP stands at the epicenter of a government’s Planning, Public Works, and Finance departments. When a CIP is issued, it typically includes the following information:
- A listing of the capital projects or equipment to be purchased
- The projects ranked in order of preference
- The plan for financing the projects
- A timetable for the construction or completion of the project
- Justification for the project
- Explanation of expenses for the project
- Comprehensive Market View: The dataset provides a single view of all planned infrastructure spend, with powerful filters such as population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. This allows businesses to gain a comprehensive understanding of the market and identify new opportunities.
- Identify Opportunity Hot Spots: The dataset offers map views and filters that allow users to identify opportunity hot spots where they need to allocate resources. This helps businesses to understand where they should focus their efforts to achieve the best results.
- Create Data-Driven Forecasts: The dataset provides bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, allowing businesses to create data-driven forecasts they can be confident in.
- Uncover True Market Needs: The dataset allows businesses to develop long-term business plans, R&D, and growth initiatives based on true, bottom-up market needs instead of opinions and anecdotes. This helps businesses to make more informed decisions and achieve better results.