Sample Highlights from the Capital Improvement Plan
|Project ID||Project Title||Project Start Year||Project Description||Project Spend Total||Page Ref||Project Satus|
|398676||"Treatment Plant Electrical Switchgear Replacement"||2023||This project will replace the existing electrical switchgear to ensure continuous reliable power and treatment operations. This is a critical component of the treatment plant electrical power feed system.||5000000||59||Not Started|
|398686||Cogen System Improvement||2023||This project will replace the existing cogen engine, controls, and paralleling gear to ensure compatibility with the new switchgear, which is a critical component of the treatment plant electrical power feed system.||4850000||61||Not Started|
|398688||"Bridgehead Temporary Pipeline Installation & Replacement"||2023||This multi-phase project consists of installing a temporary 24-inch parallel pipeline that will immediately be placed in operation while a new permanent 24-inch pipeline is being designed and constructed. Installing the temporary pipeline is needed to provide reliable infrastructure in the near term to convey BHPS flow with the existing 18-inch pipeline to be utilized for redundancy and operational reliability needs, if necessary||700000||62||Not Started|
|398693||"Force Mains & Gravity Interceptors Cleaning & Maintenance"||2025||This project allowance is for cleaning and maintenance of the existing force mains and gravity interceptors to ensure ongoing operational reliability of the District's conveyance system.||100000||64||Not Started|
|398698||RWF Condition Assessment||2024||The District's Recycled Water Supply Agreement with Calpine expires in 2030, In accordance with the Agreement terms, Calpine is obligated to notify the District of its intent to continue receiving recycled water beyond 2030 by April 2025. This project will access the capital infrastructure needs to operate the RWF beyond 2030.||300000||67||Not Started|
Explore all options available to you!
Citylitics offers access to over 30,000 unique locations across North America through our Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD).
Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD) provides a comprehensive market view of all planned infrastructure spend in one single view with powerful filters such as: population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. The dashboard will help identify opportunity hot spots, create data-driven forecasts you can be confident in with bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, and uncover true market needs.
How to Read a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Business Development?When a city, municipality or state issues a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), it can be overwhelming and daunting, but there are a few key things you need to investigate. Let’s start with the definition of CIP - A Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) contains all the individual capital projects, equipment purchases, and major studies for a local government; in conjunction with construction and completion schedules, and in consort with financing plans. The plan provides a working blueprint for sustaining and improving the community’s infrastructures. It coordinates strategic planning, financial capacity, and physical development. A CIP stands at the epicenter of a government’s Planning, Public Works, and Finance departments. When a CIP is issued, it typically includes the following information:
- A listing of the capital projects or equipment to be purchased
- The projects ranked in order of preference
- The plan for financing the projects
- A timetable for the construction or completion of the project
- Justification for the project
- Explanation of expenses for the project
- Comprehensive Market View: The dataset provides a single view of all planned infrastructure spend, with powerful filters such as population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. This allows businesses to gain a comprehensive understanding of the market and identify new opportunities.
- Identify Opportunity Hot Spots: The dataset offers map views and filters that allow users to identify opportunity hot spots where they need to allocate resources. This helps businesses to understand where they should focus their efforts to achieve the best results.
- Create Data-Driven Forecasts: The dataset provides bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, allowing businesses to create data-driven forecasts they can be confident in.
- Uncover True Market Needs: The dataset allows businesses to develop long-term business plans, R&D, and growth initiatives based on true, bottom-up market needs instead of opinions and anecdotes. This helps businesses to make more informed decisions and achieve better results.