The County of Manatee faces several key infrastructure challenges, including maintaining and upgrading its transportation infrastructure, addressing stormwater management and flood protection issues, ensuring reliable and sustainable water supply and treatment infrastructure, upgrading public facilities such as parks, community centers, and libraries, and managing the impacts of natural disasters such as hurricanes and floods. Additionally, the county must balance the need for infrastructure improvements with the cost of these projects, while also ensuring that residents and businesses have access to safe and reliable infrastructure services that support economic growth and quality of life in the community. The county also faces challenges in providing affordable housing, addressing homelessness, promoting economic development and job growth, and managing growth and development in a sustainable manner, particularly in the face of increasing population and urbanization pressures.
Sample Highlights from the Capital Improvement Plan
Project Start Year
Project Spend Total
Rocky Bluff Library Expansion
“One of three Library projects in the Infrastructure Sales Tax (IST), this request is to expand the
facility up to 8,000 square feet to the north of the teen and children’s area. The expansion is needed
to accommodate tremendous growth in the north part of the county. Project elements included;
replacement heating, ventilation (Cafe area) and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, a friend’s
meeting room, youth STEAM lab, exterior windows and doors to allow natural light to enter the
building and enhancements to the technology area. The project uses both Library Impact Fees and
Peninsula Bay Boat Ramp
Construction of a boat ramp and associated amenities.
New Animal Shelter – Animal Services
“A new facility will be designed and built to fully maximize space, staff, volunteers and the animal
population. With state of the art facilities, animals can be cared for properly. A new facility will be
inviting to the public, bringing in more foot traffic, volunteers and potential adopters. The location
will be in east Bradenton. The continuing growth of the volunteer program and better facilities to
rehab and socialize animals will lead to higher adoption rates. New and improved medical facilities
will increase sick and injured animal recovery.”
63rd Ave E at 9th St E
Add turn lane(s).
51st St W from 21st Ave W to Cortez Rd
“Reconstruct an existing two lane road to include standard lane widths, pedestrian & bicycle
facilities, and lighting.”
Explore all options available to you!
Citylitics offers access to over 30,000 unique locations across North America through our Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD).
Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD) provides a comprehensive market view of all planned infrastructure spend in one single view with powerful filters such as: population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. The dashboard will help identify opportunity hot spots, create data-driven forecasts you can be confident in with bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, and uncover true market needs.
How to Read a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Business Development?
When a city, municipality or state issues a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), it can be overwhelming and daunting, but there are a few key things you need to investigate. Let’s start with the definition of CIP – A Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) contains all the individual capital projects, equipment purchases, and major studies for a local government; in conjunction with construction and completion schedules, and in consort with financing plans. The plan provides a working blueprint for sustaining and improving the community’s infrastructures. It coordinates strategic planning, financial capacity, and physical development. A CIP stands at the epicenter of a government’s Planning, Public Works, and Finance departments. When a CIP is issued, it typically includes the following information:
- A listing of the capital projects or equipment to be purchased
- The projects ranked in order of preference
- The plan for financing the projects
- A timetable for the construction or completion of the project
- Justification for the project
- Explanation of expenses for the project
Now, for business development, while the capital plan is interesting, the capital program is for capital expenditures that extends five to ten years beyond the capital budget. Knowing the difference is important so you can influence upcoming program versus just responding to an RFP. If reading the CIP makes your head explode, or you want to save time, Request a Demo of Citylitics CIP dashboard with over 20,000 CIPs from USA and Canada. Citylitics has 20,000 plus available CIPs, how can we help you? What states, cities or counties are you looking to improvement your business development, we can assist you in influencing an upcoming RFP versus simply responding to an RFP. Citylitics Capital Projects Dataset is a comprehensive resource for businesses and organizations looking to track and analyze planned infrastructure spend in their area. The dataset offers a range of features and benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Market View: The dataset provides a single view of all planned infrastructure spend, with powerful filters such as population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. This allows businesses to gain a comprehensive understanding of the market and identify new opportunities.
- Identify Opportunity Hot Spots: The dataset offers map views and filters that allow users to identify opportunity hot spots where they need to allocate resources. This helps businesses to understand where they should focus their efforts to achieve the best results.
- Create Data-Driven Forecasts: The dataset provides bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, allowing businesses to create data-driven forecasts they can be confident in.
- Uncover True Market Needs: The dataset allows businesses to develop long-term business plans, R&D, and growth initiatives based on true, bottom-up market needs instead of opinions and anecdotes. This helps businesses to make more informed decisions and achieve better results.
With Citylitics Capital Projects Dataset, businesses can gain a deeper understanding of planned infrastructure spend in their area, which can help them to identify new opportunities and make more informed decisions.