Sample Highlights from the Capital Improvement Plan
|Project ID||Project Title||Project Start Year||Project Description||Project Spend Total||Page Ref||Project Satus|
|660267||FEAP: TBD; Post-Production – TCtv||2024||"Post-Production systems that will provide a full set of high performance built-in features for editing video, managing audio, creating real-time effects and titles, adding graphics, compositing and working seamlessly with third-party applications."||60000||170||Not Started|
|661388||"FEAP: 981; HVAC Major Maintenance and Replacements"||2025||This project will replace HVAC equipment at the Toyota Meeting Hall and Torrance Art Museum.||342000||197||Not Started|
|663741||FEAP: 983; Upgrade Interior Lighting – Civic Center||2024||"This project will upgrade interior lighting by retrofit or replacement at the following locations: • City Hall & East Annex • Civic Center Library • Police Department • City Yard – Services Building"||187723||205||Not Started|
|663752||FEAP: TBD; Wide Format Flatbed Printer||2024||"This device will improve productivity of printing on solid substrates, such as metal, wood and plastic, with the ability to cutout designs for signage and displays. This type of device incorporates a vacuum design to hold the substrate in place where our current equipment does not have this ability. This will also allow to print on flat surfaces as well as irregularly shaped and uneven surface materials. White ink printing will allow for additional design and print capabilities."||132000||207||Not Started|
|664431||"FEAP: 851; El Retiro Park and Henrietta Pump Station Facilities for Permanent Backup Generator Equipment"||2025||"Install permanent backup generators for sewer pump stations and build a facility to house the equipment. The new building will serve to protect the equipment and for noise abatement when the generators are running (because these areas are adjacent to residential homes)."||300000||216||Not Started|
Explore all options available to you!
Citylitics offers access to over 30,000 unique locations across North America through our Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD).
Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD) provides a comprehensive market view of all planned infrastructure spend in one single view with powerful filters such as: population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. The dashboard will help identify opportunity hot spots, create data-driven forecasts you can be confident in with bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, and uncover true market needs.
How to Read a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Business Development?When a city, municipality or state issues a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), it can be overwhelming and daunting, but there are a few key things you need to investigate. Let’s start with the definition of CIP - A Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) contains all the individual capital projects, equipment purchases, and major studies for a local government; in conjunction with construction and completion schedules, and in consort with financing plans. The plan provides a working blueprint for sustaining and improving the community’s infrastructures. It coordinates strategic planning, financial capacity, and physical development. A CIP stands at the epicenter of a government’s Planning, Public Works, and Finance departments. When a CIP is issued, it typically includes the following information:
- A listing of the capital projects or equipment to be purchased
- The projects ranked in order of preference
- The plan for financing the projects
- A timetable for the construction or completion of the project
- Justification for the project
- Explanation of expenses for the project
- Comprehensive Market View: The dataset provides a single view of all planned infrastructure spend, with powerful filters such as population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. This allows businesses to gain a comprehensive understanding of the market and identify new opportunities.
- Identify Opportunity Hot Spots: The dataset offers map views and filters that allow users to identify opportunity hot spots where they need to allocate resources. This helps businesses to understand where they should focus their efforts to achieve the best results.
- Create Data-Driven Forecasts: The dataset provides bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, allowing businesses to create data-driven forecasts they can be confident in.
- Uncover True Market Needs: The dataset allows businesses to develop long-term business plans, R&D, and growth initiatives based on true, bottom-up market needs instead of opinions and anecdotes. This helps businesses to make more informed decisions and achieve better results.