The City of Oxnard faces several infrastructure challenges that impact the daily lives of its residents. One of the main issues is the need to improve and maintain roads and transportation systems to accommodate the growing population and improve mobility. Additionally, the city’s aging water and sewer systems require significant investment to ensure reliable and efficient service. The city also faces challenges related to affordable housing and homelessness, which require investment in social services and infrastructure. Finally, the city must address the impacts of climate change, including sea-level rise and extreme weather events, on critical infrastructure, including roads and buildings. Overall, addressing these infrastructure challenges requires significant investment in the city’s transportation, water, housing, and emergency management systems to ensure long-term sustainability and resilience.
Sample Highlights from the Capital Improvement Plan
Project Start Year
Project Spend Total
Greenbelt LMD 43 Lighting Replacement ..
“Replace the outdoor lighting along the greenbelt
off Williams Drive in Landscape Maintenance
District (LMD) 43.”
Storm Drain Construction w
“Construct a storm drain in the 500-acre area
bounded by Wooley Road, Hemlock Street,
Ventura Road, and J Street; and G Street from Hill
Street to J Street.”
“Wastewater OWTP: Dissolved Air Flotation Improvements…”
“Replace mechanical and electrical equipment for
the Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF). Perform
structural repairs and concrete coating.”
“Water Production: New Wells – Water Division Headquarters ….”
“Construct three new potable water wells at Water
“Wastewater OWTP: Interstage Pump Station …….”
“Reconfiguration of pipework, pumps, and
appurtenances to better suit the flow conditions
and replace aging and failed mechanical
Explore all options available to you!
Citylitics offers access to over 30,000 unique locations across North America through our Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD).
Capital Projects Dashboard (CPD) provides a comprehensive market view of all planned infrastructure spend in one single view with powerful filters such as: population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. The dashboard will help identify opportunity hot spots, create data-driven forecasts you can be confident in with bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, and uncover true market needs.
How to Read a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) for Business Development?
When a city, municipality or state issues a Capital Improvement Plan (CIP), it can be overwhelming and daunting, but there are a few key things you need to investigate. Let’s start with the definition of CIP – A Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) contains all the individual capital projects, equipment purchases, and major studies for a local government; in conjunction with construction and completion schedules, and in consort with financing plans. The plan provides a working blueprint for sustaining and improving the community’s infrastructures. It coordinates strategic planning, financial capacity, and physical development. A CIP stands at the epicenter of a government’s Planning, Public Works, and Finance departments. When a CIP is issued, it typically includes the following information:
- A listing of the capital projects or equipment to be purchased
- The projects ranked in order of preference
- The plan for financing the projects
- A timetable for the construction or completion of the project
- Justification for the project
- Explanation of expenses for the project
Now, for business development, while the capital plan is interesting, the capital program is for capital expenditures that extends five to ten years beyond the capital budget. Knowing the difference is important so you can influence upcoming program versus just responding to an RFP. If reading the CIP makes your head explode, or you want to save time, Request a Demo of Citylitics CIP dashboard with over 20,000 CIPs from USA and Canada. Citylitics has 20,000 plus available CIPs, how can we help you? What states, cities or counties are you looking to improvement your business development, we can assist you in influencing an upcoming RFP versus simply responding to an RFP. Citylitics Capital Projects Dataset is a comprehensive resource for businesses and organizations looking to track and analyze planned infrastructure spend in their area. The dataset offers a range of features and benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Market View: The dataset provides a single view of all planned infrastructure spend, with powerful filters such as population, project value, fiscal year, project status, project description, geography, and more. This allows businesses to gain a comprehensive understanding of the market and identify new opportunities.
- Identify Opportunity Hot Spots: The dataset offers map views and filters that allow users to identify opportunity hot spots where they need to allocate resources. This helps businesses to understand where they should focus their efforts to achieve the best results.
- Create Data-Driven Forecasts: The dataset provides bottom-up data for the next 5 years of planned infrastructure spend, allowing businesses to create data-driven forecasts they can be confident in.
- Uncover True Market Needs: The dataset allows businesses to develop long-term business plans, R&D, and growth initiatives based on true, bottom-up market needs instead of opinions and anecdotes. This helps businesses to make more informed decisions and achieve better results.
With Citylitics Capital Projects Dataset, businesses can gain a deeper understanding of planned infrastructure spend in their area, which can help them to identify new opportunities and make more informed decisions.